The architectural programming process included input from various club committees and illustrated a diverse set of aquatic needs for different segments of the membership. Five, distinctly different pools evolved as the solution to meeting the expectations for this major undertaking by CCV.
An expansive Master Planning process followed that revealed significant inadequacies in golf facilities and parking, which also became components this project. After evaluating all areas of the Westhampton Campus, the only available site was steeply sloped and bounded by on all sides by parking, main clubhouse, drainage pond and various elements of the golf course.
The design evolved by reacting to the 35-foot drop in elevation between the components of the project and organizing the various pools on the site in a way that linked parking to the main clubhouse while still providing handicapped accessibility to all members. The completed complex has been overwhelmingly applauded by the club membership – as evidenced by numerous emails of approval; usually citing it as “a resort quality destination right here at home”.
Project includes the following features:
- Expansive beach entry, recreation pool
- Eight-lane competition pool
- Diving well
- Baby pool with fountain and landscaping
- Adult pool with infinity edge overlooking the 18th green
- Shade pergolas and umbrella systems
- Classically-detailed, small-scale pavilions
- Full service Snack Bar with interior dining
- Men, women, boys & girls locker rooms buried into hillside
Upper level, adult bar & dining deck overlooking the entire complex